Why did you choose to celebrate 25 years by releasing a live album?
"Our fans have been asking for a live record since the first LP and we just hadn’t gotten around to it. But now we have a wealth of material to go on it after eight LPs and we have our own record label, we thought it would be a good way to celebrate our 25th anniversary and do a whole bunch of festivals and live shows to back it up. Also we love to play live and it’s the essence of Skunk Anansie and what we are all about, so it’s good to get that out there too."
What else does 2019 hold in store for you as a band?
"A whole bunch of things: lots of European festivals, some of our own shows, press, TV shows and some more songwriting for the next studio LP. A busy year for the Skunks!"
For more information on Skunk Anansie’s 25th anniversary, new album, and live dates, visit Skunkanansie.com.
The small print: Competition Terms And Conditions
1. The promoter is Kerrang!/Wasted Talent Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 4333049 with its registered office at 90 – 92 Pentonville Road, London, N1 9HS
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Kerrang! and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry will be 10/1/2019 at 12pm. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: email email@example.com
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:
2X Tickets to the Rizla x Kerrang! Basement Party – New Year Edition
2X Goodie Bags supplied at the event
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random
14. As the Rizla x Kerrang! Christmas Party is an over 18s event, winners and their guests are required to bring a valid form of photographic ID (passport or drivers licence) to the event in order to gain entry on the night. For the avoidance of doubt, any winner and/or winner’s guest who fails or refuses to show a valid form of ID will be refused entry to the event and their tickets will not be accepted.
The winner will be notified by email on the 11/1/2019. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 1 day of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.